After reading this article, you agree that onions is not just meant for cooking? It could do beyond what you thought it could do.
Those who love to cook can agree with me that onions enhances the taste in a food. No matter the type of seasoning we add in a food, if onions is absent regardless of how small it is, the food might be tasty but not as much as it would have been if onions was added.
Well the above is just one benefit of onions. But there are still so many things we could do with onions or we could benefit from onions.
1. Onions helps in regulating one’s blood sugar through the presence of chromium in it
2. You can lower your level of unhealthy cholesterol in your body by eating raw onions
3. Onions helps keep the heart healthy
4. Onions helps in growing the hair
By making onions juice and applying it on your scalp or using it as an after wash solution.
According to research, applying onions juice to your hair can help with alopecia areata. It is an auto-immune disease where the body attacks one’s hair follicles.
Therefore the application of onions juice to your scalp or the affected area (s) helps in growing back the hair.
5. Onions helps in preventing cancer by it possession of quercetin.